While working at home is the ultimate dream for most people, others would prefer to leave their homes to go to work. Believe it or not, your ability to be successful working from home largely depends on your personality type.
I found this information very interesting, so I decided to include it on my blog.
IS WORKING FROM HOME FOR YOU
According to the latest research, people that are best suited to work from home, generally possess one or more of the following characteristics:
- Self – starters: a person that can begin work or projects on their own; don’t require instructions or supervision to get things done.
- Introvert: a person who is energized by spending time alone.
- Flexible: a person that can adapt to situational demands.
- Problem solvers: a person that sees problems as challenges and look for an opportunity within the problem.
Understanding your personality type before hand can help you determine if you are cut out to enjoy working from home.
Most people identify with being either the “Type A” or the “Type B” personality types. Others identify with a little bit of both types and fall somewhere in between, what is referred to as the “A/B” personality.
Here’s an overview of the two types:
- Type A’s – these are the “go-getters.” They are extremely organized, ambitious, a little impatient, focused on time, and overstress themselves by taking on too much at one time.
- Type B’s – they are less stressed and tend to be more relaxed. They are creative, get more enjoyment out of life, are patient, steady and don’t get bogged down by the details.
Check out this Infograph from HubSpot.com to see which personality type you identify with:
Are you a Type A, Type B or do you identify with a little bit of both personality types?
Here is a quick 15 minute free online personality test that you can take to get a more detailed assessment of your personality type and determine if you are cut out to enjoy working from home.