If you are looking for a part-time job with flexible work hours, you may want to consider court researcher jobs at home. Many legitimate companies hire independent contractors to go out and retrieve court documents from public records for research purposes.
Assignments can involve researching:
- Mortgage records
- Tax liens
- Probate records
While there are many companies that hire inexperienced researchers and offer free training, some companies prefer to only hire experienced court researchers.
- There may not be available opportunities in certain cities.
- Opportunities may be limited if you live in a rural area.
- The work can be inconsistent.
- You are not paid for your mileage or drive time to and from the courthouse.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO MAKE
The amount of money you can expect to earn is determined by the number of assignments you can complete. Court researcher jobs at home typically pay between $10-$15 per hour. Experienced researchers earn $25 per hour and up.
You can expect to earn more as your researching skills are increased.
To get started, you will just to apply to one or more of the sites listed to below. Court researchers are independent contractors, so you can work for more than one company if you choose.
Most companies will require that you meet the following requirements:
- Have access to the internet.
- Type at least 45 WPM.
- Be available to work during the following hours: 9-5, Monday-Friday.
- Be willing to cover more than one county.
- Have access to a laptop.
There is no fee to become a court researcher. If you run across a site that charges a fee for a starter kit or to become certificated, then more than likely it’s a scam.
25 COURT RESEARCHER JOBS AT HOME
IT-Boss Research- offers free training
Jelly Bean Services – offers free training
Wolfgang Research – offers free training