If you are the type of person that enjoys movies, this will be a great way for you to make extra money from home. Did you know you could earn money going to the movies?
This is an extremely easy but relatively unknown way to earn some extra cash.
HOW IT WORKS
Movie studios pay market research and mystery shopping companies to hire independent contractors to collect information about movies or theaters. This is referred to as an theater audit and/ or trailer check.
The work can involve:
- Watching and recording all trailers shown prior to an assigned feature.
- Checking for promotional items throughout the theater. (either openly or covertly).
- Counting the number of people attending a certain movie.
- Checking the cleanliness of the lobby, restrooms, concession area and auditorium
- Collecting the box office information from management at the end of the day.
- Posing as a movie goers and evaluating your experience as a customer.
- Watching a sneak preview of an upcoming release, collecting the audience’s reaction and demographic.
- Openly or covertly attending an assigned feature and recording the audience’s reaction.
- Assembling movie standees, installing one-sheets (movie posters), banners, etc.
- Obtaining public opinion of a current movie.
HOW MUCH YOU CAN EARN
The amount of money you can earn varies. Fees range from $10 – $45 per showing. The simplest assignments pay the lowest fees.
- You accept an assignment to watch the 1st showing a new movie. You will need to record the number of trailers shown and make a note of the audience’s response. This assignment pays $15.00
- You accept an assignment to do the collect box office information (ticket sales) for an assigned movie. You will need to collect this information for all show times. This assignment pays $45 for the first showing and $25 for each additional showing. So if the movie has 3 show times, you would make $90.
- You accept an assignment to put up a movie poster. This assignment pays $10.00
HOW YOU GET PAID
Most companies pay either once or twice a month. And most offer direct deposit or pay via PayPal.
Movie audits are normally done the first week a new movie opens. And are almost always conducted on Fridays, Saturdays and/or Sundays. You have the option of choosing which assignments you want to complete, the theaters you want to visit and the day that’s most convenient for you to work.
- Some assignments may require you to check the first showing on the first day of the movie opening.
- You won’t get paid if you accept an assignment and the movie is not playing at the theater as advertised.
- Opportunities can be limited if you live in a rural area.
- Assignments can be sporadic.
HOW YOU GET STARTED
It’s pretty simple. You can begin by signing up for a free account with one or more of the companies listed below. Whenever an assignment comes available, the company will either post the assignment on their job board and/or notify you by email.
Once you accept an assignment, you will receive instructions on what to do. You want to make sure that you read the instructions carefully before beginning your assignment. Because you won’t get paid if the assignment is not completed as instructed.
Assignments can be overt or covert. If your assignment is overt, you won’t have to purchase a ticket, but you must check in with theater management before starting your assignment.
If your assignment is a covert, that means you are posing as a customer, so you have to purchase a movie ticket. But you are reimbursed for the cost of the ticket plus snacks.
In most cases, you can’t stay and watch the movie when you do overt assignments, unless you buy a ticket at your expense. Otherwise, you are required to leave the movie once you have completed your assignment.
COMPANIES YOU CAN START WITH
If you are interested in performing theater checks to make extra money from home, here’s a list of companies that you can register with:
MAKE EXTRA MONEY FROM HOME WATCHING TRAILERS
You can also earn easy money from home watching movie trailers through paid survey sites. These surveys help movie companies determine the interest and popularity of a given movie, before they put the movie out.
These studies are also conducted for TV ads, food products, drugs and almost anything else you can name. If you are interested, here are a few companies you can register with:
Best of luck and as always I certainly hope you found these ways to make extra money from home useful.